Wedding Anniversary Gift for Your Wife
What does your wife truly want for a wedding anniversary gift? She says "nothing" but does she really mean "you better get me something or you'll be in the dog house"? Her final answer: both. But you knew that already. So what can you do about a meaningful wedding anniversary gift for your wife? Many are also perfect for your husand!
Right off the bat: it's not how much you spend (most of the time), but how much love your wife perceives is attached to your anniversary gift. No wife will turn her nose up at a diamond heart pendant, but do you want to increase its "love" value? Or are you short on cash and long on love?
The solution is simple: it's all in the packaging. Your wife will treasure any romantic gesture that shows you put in extra time or thought with your anniversary gift. You may feel that "I'm not creative" or "I don't have any special talent." You don't have to do something extraordinary, you only have to show her it came from your heart. That's what's going to win you a home run, slam dunk and touchdown in one.
Personalize A Gift For Your Wife
- A love letter. Give with your anniversary gift or "just because." No matter how lousy a writer you are, your original words are as good as gold to your wife. Guaranteed. Here are love letter writing tips.
- If many words aren't your style, write shorter love notes with only a line or two. Place around your home where she'll find them, fill a keepsake or jewelry box (if you bought a jewelry gift), or mail her a new one every day for a week or two before your anniversary. Use lines from your fave songs, poetry or other romantic inspirations.
- If she loves photos, go through your albums and make reprints of your favorites. Write a short love note on the back, which can be as simple as, "Remember when we did this? We had so much fun!" Hide them in her purse, lingerie drawer or briefcase, tape onto the coffee maker or inside the refrigerator. Or mail her one a day. Find personalized photo frames or take a special photo and have it made into a painting or sketch done by a real artist.
- Cook up a romantic dinner for your wife. Order in a meal if you're not the chef type. Decorate with candles, flowers and mood music. Set a theme for the evening. Buy themed decorations and costumes from our party store. You're the basic food group type? Cook up heart shape burgers. Use a heart-shape cookie cutter or simply shape with your hands.
- Visit your local crafts store. You'll find plenty of heart themed items to decorate or present your gift in. Buy a heart shape box and use a glitter pen to write "I love you always" or "Happy Anniversary to the love of my life." Buy decorative river stones and use a magic marker to write words of love, your names (or "love names") and wedding anniversary date on them. Give in a romantic keepsake box.
- Do you love working outdoors? Create two interlocking hearts with decorative stones, gravel or brick and fill the center with cement. Write your names and anniversary date on the wet cement. Or fill with ground cover. Carve two hearts in your shrubs.
- Is this a milestone anniversary year and you need to do something big? Decorate your car as if you were just getting married, but make a banner that says, "Married 5 (or 10, 20) years and loving it! Take her out for a romantic anniversary dinner. Buy a banner from our anniversary party store.
- Do you use PowerPoint in your job? Create a love presentation and present it as you would to a client. List all the qualities you appreciate about your wife and marriage and then give a short speech about each one.
- You're a web developer? Build her an online store where she can "buy" love gifts from you. They can be kisses, hugs, a night out (or a night in), make dinner, whatever little treats she loves. The checkout basket will allow her to print out a coupon that she can redeem with you. Or create a trivia game about your fun times together or a "Love Poll."
- Burn a CD with a slideshow of photos from the time you were married to now. Include background music. There are tons of free slideshow software demos on the Internet.
- You're a financial whiz? Create a "Love Account" sheet, a simple Excel chart with heart symbols, or a stock portfolio listing your love investments and how they've accrued over the years together. Print out and frame.
- Sales and marketing your thing? Create a humorous yet romantic pitch to your wife about how happily married you've been and why you should stay married. To sweeten the deal, present it with an anniversary jewelry gift, maybe a three-stone pendant, ring or eternity ring. Make up a "love contract" that you both sign.
- An ad man? Create a display ad about your anniversary, your wife, your love for each other. Place it in your local paper.
- Love sports stats? Make up a list of love stats. Title it, "The (your name) and (her name) Love Team. Stats can include dates when you met (or approximate), marriage date, birth of kids, trips, special moments. Print out and frame.
- Sports fan? Do a humorous cheerleader routine before you present your anniversary gift.
- Remember that 1997 film, "The Full Monty" where a bunch of ordinary working guys put together a strip show to earn money? Yes, put on a private strip show for your wife. Give her love coupons she can stuff your thong with.
- If that's over the top for you, read a short love note and sing a romantic song dedicated to your wife and anniversary at a karaoke bar.
You don't have to do an Oscar-award-winning performance or create a work of art for the centuries. Think about what you and your wife ordinarily enjoy doing and simply put a romantic spin on it. Your love and enthusiasm will help you create a unique wedding anniversary gift for your wife that she'll always cherish.