What's The Best Anniversary Gift?
Choosing a wedding anniversary gift that wows your husband or wife can rate high on your anxiety list: an anniversary celebration is an occasion when the thought counts more than the gift. The idea that your loving spouse should "know what I want" can lead to disappointed expectations, as men and women tend to have radically different ideas about what "romantic" means. Mind reading is an art, not a science; so make it easy for your husband or wife to choose the best anniversary gift for you. Talk about how you would love to celebrate your anniversary or drop hints so your spouse has some clues.
You don't always have the money or the time to plan an extravagant wedding anniversary celebration, and truly, the amount of money spent isn't going to be what makes your husband or wife feel cherished. Life is busier than ever for couples, and it's easy to fall into a routine that puts the brakes on your marriage. Making time to celebrate your love gets lost in the shuffle. Your anniversary is the perfect occasion to break out of your rut.
What will touch your husband or wife's heart, what's been missing in your relationship that you want to enjoy again? Answer this question and you'll be on the right path to finding wedding anniversary gifts that have the magic wow factor.
Spice Up Your Gifts
A traditional wedding anniversary gift of flowers, chocolate or jewelry can be made special by the way you present it. Here are some ideas:
- Personalize a flower bouquet or a box of chocolates with a love letter, note or a short poem. "Roses are red, violets are blue, we've been married for xx years, and my love for you is still true." "Chocolates are yummy and sweet, but you are always my number one treat." Take a romantic song lyric and personalize it by changing a few words or a line or two. Doesn't have to be fancy—just romantic, sweet and heartfelt. Write it as you would say it!
- Choose a love letter background, insert it in Word, type your letter, burn it to a CD with your favorite photos and love songs. Here are some easy tips to to write a love letter.
- Place a jewelry gift in a special keepsake box and also enclose a love note. If you're dining out, have your anniversary gift delivered with dessert. Buy a heart-shaped serving tray to present it. Or custom engrave a bracelet with a romantic message.
- A romantic evening home alone or even an overnight stay at a hotel can jump start your romance again. Create a fun theme for your evening and buy costumes to match it. Order in a dinner so you only have to heat and serve. Or if you're a fabulous cook, plan a meal and just order dessert in. Don't make it so you have to work all the time.
- Give yourself an anniversary gift of just you two alone time. If you have children, maybe a relative or trusted friends can watch them for one night so you can enjoy a private anniversary celebration. Get a suite and decorate it beforehand. Set up candles, strew the bed with flower petals, sexy lingerie or costumes and fun toys. Put on your favorite music and leisurely give each other a massage to get into the mood.
- Personalized Anniversary Gifts are highly appreciated, especially when they include a love message or a favorite photo of you from a special vacation or happy time.
- Create a custom anniversary gift basket. Include photos, love coupons, a framed love letter, a small box of chocolates, massage oils, a few fresh flowers, aromatic candles and small romantic trinkets with special meanings for your wife or husband.
- Show your husband or wife how much you apreciate them and plan to do something that they always wanted to do but haven't done yet.
The best anniversary gift to give your husband or wife is what they truly want:
show that you cherish your love and marriage—& always will!
Especially Romantic Gifts
Lovely, sweet wedding, anniversary or romantic gifts to wow your wife, husband, partner, parents or special couple.
Romantic Message Roses
Wedding & Proposal Roses
Personalized Romantic Gifts
Customize with your names, date + love letter or poem.
Gifts for Couples
24k Gold-Dipped Roses
+ more affordable, unique flower gifts, including glazed roses & orchids that last forever.