Learn to Make A Tussie Mussie
Create sweet anniversary memories with an elegant tussie mussie, a small hand-wrapped flower bouquet of one or two types of flowers, popular in Victorian times. A tussie mussie is simple to arrange and requires only a few flowers, some floral tape, scissors, paper doilies and ribbon. And of course, a hand-written love note from you!
This is an especially wonderful way to create a meaningful decoration when you plan to spend a romantic evening at home.
First, check the meaning of flowers chart for the types of flowers that will send your special love message. Traditionally, one type of flower is chosen for the center and a smaller flowers, such as baby's breath, pansies or other small flowers to encircle the larger ones. Also buy a few larger leaves, such as frothy ferns, ivy or hosta, to frame them on the outside. Modern designs favor varied blooms, or two or three for the center blooms.
How To Make A Tussie Mussie
- Purchase floral tape, paper doilies and satin ribbon from a party store.
- Gather your main flowers, these will form center of the bouquet. Trim their stems short (hold them in your hand as a bouquet and trim 2-4 inches below the bottom of your hand) and then strip the leaves.
- Place the largest flowers in the center, add the filler flowers all around them, and then add the larger leaves on the outside. The larger leaves should be slightly below the outer layer, just peeking over, to create a frame.
- Wrap floral tape around several times to secure. Trim the bottoms evenly.
- To finish off your bouquet, use a paper doily and decorative ribbon. Cut a small "X" in the center of a doily and insert the stem end of the bouquet through the doily.
- Fasten the doily with the satin ribbon tied into a bow. And that's all it takes to create a tussie mussie!
Create several tussie mussie bouquets and place them in small vases. Set one or two in the bathroom, light some scented candles and draw a bath for two.
Especially Romantic Gifts
Lovely, sweet wedding, anniversary or romantic gifts to wow your wife, husband, partner, parents or special couple.
Champagne Toasting Flutes to celebrate your love or a gift for your fave couple. Many can be personalized.
Personalized Beer Mugs
Whiskey, Rocks & Shot Glasses
Red Wine and White Wine Glasses
Martini & Margarita Glasses
Liquor & Wine Decanters
Personalized Romantic Gifts
Customize with your names, date + love letter or poem.
Gifts for Couples
24k Gold-Dipped Roses
+ more affordable, unique flower gifts, including glazed roses & orchids that last forever.